Neuro FunC-tional Training
Neuro FunC is the first ever neuro-postural, science-based, Primitive Training system, based on the neurological, morphologic and instinctual movements of vertebrates. These biological connections are found in the development of the human embryo and form the basic neural architecture of the brain.
The effects of perfecting these primitive evolutionary movements are so vast it is quite hard to comprehend. We continue to achieve pain reduction, mental and emotional stability, cognitive ability and natural sports performance enhancement everyday all day with our clients.
The Neuro FunC app is a scientifically developed series of progressive, practical exercises that help the body restore function of the basic neuro-programming behind our posture.
Following the evolutionary timeline, Neuro FunC’s proprietary movements follow hierarchal movements of each of the four evolutionary of vertebrates; Fish, Reptiles, Mammals and than Humans.
We have changed the lives of World Champions, elderly, neurologically damaged persons, children, manual laborers - we have never failed someone who came to us with a problem. We know you can benefit from our Neurotraining.
This work is based on the understanding of the relationship between the brain, how it relates to the physical body and how humans create an understanding of our place in the world.
In the early 1900’s the famous Russian physiologist Ivan Petrovich Pavlov researched and wrote about vertebrates’ sensory systems’ ability to influence behavior. He deduced three principles for the theory of reflexes: the principle of determinism, the principle of analysis and synthesis, and the principle of structure. In 1904, he was awarded a Nobel Prize for his research.
In the 1970’s, this work was furthered by Glenn Doman (https://www.domaninternational.org/glenn-doman/) and Paul Dennis (https://www.braingym.com), using their understanding of the "Childhood reflexes” based on current understanding of the psychology.
In the 1980’s, Svetlana Masgutova (https://masgutovamethod.com) became interested in this work and increased the understanding and treatments for awakening and integrating childhood reflexes.
In 2010, Joshua Gillis (https://www.nowliving.today) developed what would become the third evolution of this work and the basis of NOW's Neurotraining systems.
- high input sensory treatments which radically decrease the timetable for integration (in cooperation with Witting, Tom-Steffan),
- the introduction of the “triune brain + one”. the Enteric Nervous System Integration to reduce negative signals influence over mid-brain injuries.
- the introduction of the evolutionary postural and dynamic movement archetypes for each of the major evolutionary stages. (amphibian, reptilian, mammalian, primate and human).
- The concept of dividing the movement systems in two groups
- Navigation (ie, eyes, hands, feet) or MyARCs (Myofascial Articulation Control Systems)
- Locomotion (ie Quadratus Fem., Gluteus Max. Erector Spin) with the Myofascial Muscle Trains as described by Thomas Myers as the motor systems.
- The neural influence of the connective tissues, myofascia, tendons, ligaments.